- I want to work with you! How do I get started?
Wonderful! Please schedule a time for us to speak on the phone. You can contact me by email me at email@example.com or complete this contact form.
- What is dating coaching?
Dating coaching is a hands-on, personalized approach to creating the relationship of your dreams. I’ll empower you to find and maintain love.
Here’s what we’ll cover during our time together:
1. Initial assessment — We’ll review your dating history, understand what you’re doing right and where there’s room for improvement. I will help you identify your blind spots — what you don’t know that you don’t know.
2. Defining your long-term goals — What kind of life do you see for yourself? Do you want to have a family? Do you want to get married? What kind of job will you have? Where will you live? How will you spend your time? How will you look and feel in your body? We’ll answer these questions to start defining your future. We’ll set a vision for where you want to go so that we can work backwards from there.
3. Figuring out who you want to be with — We’ll go through the characteristics you want in a partner. I’ll push you to understand the difference between pet peeves and deal breakers. Together we’ll parse what really matters to you.
4. Strategies for finding the right person — Now that we’ve identified who you want to be with, how can you meet that person? Is it online? In person? Where does this kind of person hang out? How can you show them that you’re the right fit for them? What should your profile look like to attract this type of person?
5. Deciding who to date — Are you using the apps? How many? What’s your approach? How many people are you talking to at once? How are you filtering who to date? What are your opening lines? I’ll help you answer these questions so you can put your best foot forward during the pre-dating stage. I’ll also show you how to use pre-date questions to filter potential dates and make sure you’re not wasting your time.
6. Pre-date — What’s your mindset when you’re going on a date? Are you expecting disappointment because that’s what’s happened when you’ve gone on first dates for the last 5 years? Together we will craft a pre-date prep strategy. Maybe you take an hour after leaving your job to transition out of work-mode. Maybe you listen to a Kelly Clarkson song.
7. The date — What are you like on a date? Are you trying to perform or entertain? Are you actually listening to the person? Do you have good stories? Are you asking questions as if it were a job interview? We’ll discuss how to make dating more romantic and less transactional and MORE FUN.
8. Assessing the date — Be honest. What do you think about first? If the person likes you or if you like the person? We’ll discuss the right questions to ask yourself after the date to tune into how you really feel about the person and decide if you should continue seeing them. We’ll also cover how to let the person know if you’re interested. NO GHOSTING, PLEASE!
9. Long-term strategies for keeping love once you’ve found it — Finding love is only the beginning. When you enter into a new relationship, I’ll help you build a strong foundation.
- What kind of people hire you?
I work with many different types of people who are looking to find love or make a big decision in their relationship.
Most of my clients are in their late 20s and early to mid 30s. Because I’m based in San Francisco, many of my clients work in tech.
- Why is your approach different from other coaches? Why should I choose you?
A lot of my clients work in tech and they appreciate that I know that world from almost a decade of working in it. I speak the language of “1:1s” and “performance reviews.” I know what it’s like to have a crush on someone you met on the shuttle.
I also have have extensive personal experience with the highs and lows of online dating, which means I can both empathize and advise you. I worked with a dating coach myself to find my partner so I know that it really works.
My coaching technique is unique because I utilize the lessons of behavioral economics. I am the only dating coach in the world using this approach!
This is a field that studies how and why people make decisions. I’ll help you understand why you’ve been struggling and how to overcome these issues. I also use the habit-forming techniques of the field to help you replace bad habits with better ones. Together we’ll design individual homework assignments and use accountability techniques to make sure you achieve your goals .
My approach is all about helping you gain insight into your patterns, creating a personalized plan, and helping you stick to it! Together we’ll help you find the relationship of your dreams.
- Is this like therapy?
No. Therapy is focused on looking backwards and addressing past traumas. My coaching is forward-looking. We will review your past dating and relationship experiences, but the majority of our time will be spent making a plan to help you find the love you’re looking for. I will hold you accountable and support you as you execute this plan.
- What will I get from working with you?
A clear perspective on who you are and what you want
Insights into your blind spots (what you don’t know you don’t know)
Techniques to help you break bad patterns and develop new ones
A step-by-step plan to help you find love
Feedback on your online dating profile
Strategies for meeting more people in real life
A partner to help support and guide you throughout this process
Hands-on exercises based on behavioral science research
An accountability partner to ensure you stick to your goals
Bi-weekly sessions in person or by phone
Text and email support in between sessions
- Why should I spend money on dating coaching?
Work smarter, not harder.
The average date costs $80. The average dater spends six hours matching with someone, setting up the date, traveling to the date, and spending time on the date.
Dating is expensive and time consuming, which is why you want to be sure that you’re investing wisely in this process. I will help you hone in on what you want and learn how to be the kind of dater who attracts what you’re looking for.
- Why should I spend money to work through a relationship problem?
Delaying a decision has consequences. We often underestimate the opportunity cost — the cost of not making a decision. It keeps us up at night, makes us lose confidence, and steals time and energy away from other areas of our lives. But I can help. Together we’ll think through your options. You’ll leave our coaching session with a renewed sense of confidence and a clear plan for how to move forward.
- What are my responsibilities as a client?
Your most important responsibility is to show up for yourself. That means arriving on time to our appointments, completing your homework assignments, and prioritizing your romantic life outside of our appointments.
My coaching style is very blunt. I ask that you be open, honest, and willing to receive feedback.
- Do you offer coaching over the phone or in person?
Both! I coach people from my office in the Mission in San Francisco and over the phone.
- Do you offer any sort of guarantee?
For my 3 or 6-month dating programs, you can get a full refund if you don’t feel we’re a good fit after 3 sessions.
- Do you only work with single people?
I work with single people who are looking for love and individuals in relationships who want to work through a particular decision.
- Do you work with couples?
At this time I am focusing specifically on individuals. If you’re a couple and would like to discuss working with me, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- What’s “breakup consulting”?
Clients often approach me when they are deciding whether to break up with their current partner. I help them think through this important and difficult decision.
If the person decides to break up with their partner, I provide them with a plan for how to do the breaking up and how to cope with the ensuing heartbreak. This service includes a pep talk before the break up conversation, a debrief call after the breakup, and reassurance in the weeks following the break up.
- How can I learn more about what you do?
If you have more questions, reach out to me at email@example.com